Third national seminar in Portugal
The third national seminar promoted by AIMMP as part of the Good Wood project took place on November 18th, in an innovative online conference format, through the use of television production and web broadcasting equipment for over 80 participants.
The third national seminar was dedicated to the theme "The importance of reorganizing the production and management of companies in the wood and furniture sector". In this context, the agenda included the following points:
- identify the opportunities for innovation in the sector, in an exercise carried out by Professor Carlos Brito of the Portucalense University;
- sustainability and financing strategies of the sector, by Professor Luis Krug Pacheco of the Catolica Porto Business School;
- social dialogue as part of the New Green Deal by Patrizio Antonicoli, former Secretary General of CEI-Bois;
- digitization and I4.0 of Joao Lisboa of Schuler Consulting Gmbh;
- social dialogue in the wood and furniture sector by Joaquin Martins, general secretary of SETACOOP;
- CNUF CERTIFICATION (r) - Bara Ecologica by Vitor Pocas, President of the Board of Directors of AIMMP, as an example of social dialogue in the wood and furniture industry;
- Wood and furniture qualification, a new AIMMP project to promote a more competitive sector, by Joana Nunes;
- Improving the image and attractiveness of the sector as a way to attract and retain talent from Caterina Domingos of IPAM.
The key points taken from the interventions can be summarized:
- the impetus brought about by the Coronavirus pandemic for the digitization of the economy in general and the resulting opportunities for the wood and furniture sector and its modernization;
- the need to train, inform and increase skills at all levels of company structures, from management to production, was raised as a critical point for the sustained growth of the sector, in a tone of growing economic intelligence and financial sustainability of companies;
- the importance of the wood and furniture industry in pursuing the objectives outlined in the Green New Deal, for a circular and ecological economy, in the creation of wealth based on the development of innovative and environmentally friendly products, in line with dialogue social and the creation of opportunities for personal and organizational development;
- the digitization of operations and processes at an industrial level, as well as the introduction of Industry 4.0 solutions, is of enormous value for the improvement of well-being and working conditions in the sector. The digitization process brings more professional and specialized job opportunities, with less prevalence of the physical component of the operator.